Trade Language/Jargon

Central Heating Trade/Language Jargon

9 views 07/04/2018 20/12/2018 Help 0

Bleed valve: A valve that releases air from the central heating system, or removes liquid from a tank or tube. Most commonly found on household radiators.

Boiler: An enclosed vessel in which water or other fluid is heated, used to heat water in a home and provide heating via radiators.

Flue: A duct or pipe for used within a chimney to direct heat and smoke upwards from the stove or fireplace.

HVAC: HVAC is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.

HVACR: HVACR is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.

Smart Meter: A meter which automatically sends readings to the respective utility companies.


PLEASE NOTE: All Trademarks™ or Registered® Trademarks belong to their respective holders, and their use does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.


Get your job started today

Post your job now to get quick responses from your local helpers

Post a Job


Was this helpful?