Electrical Safety

How do I notify my electrical work?

15 views 06/04/2018 20/12/2018 Helpers.ie Help 0

The Government recognises two ways of notifying Part P electrical work.

  • Direct notification through Local Authority Building Control – the homeowner must contact Building Control directly. A Building Control Officer inspects the installation and issues a certificate.
  • Self-certification through a tradesman/helper who is qualified and registered with a Part P competent persons scheme. These tradesmen/helpers are qualified to carry out electrical work in accordance with safety rules and issue you with a certificate of compliance on completion. They will also deal with Building Control on your behalf.

Electrical Competent Person Schemes



Get your job started today

Post your job now to get quick responses from your local helpers

Post a Job


Was this helpful?