Trade Language/Jargon

Plastering Trade Language/Jargon

16 views 09/04/2018 20/12/2018 Help 1

Blown: The state of cement rendering or plaster that is no longer bonded to the wall behind it.

Chase: A trench cut into plaster or masonry to make space for electrical cabling or pipework.

Cornice: Horizontal moulding running between the walls and ceiling of a room, or at the top of a kitchen wall units.

Coving: A shaped decorative moulding, usually made of wood or plaster, made to fit into the space between the top of a wall and a ceiling of a room.

Dry Lining: The fixing of plaster boards to timber/metal frames to create partition walls/ceilings.

Filler: A material used to smooth out small imperfections in a surface.

Limewash: A mixture of lime and water that can be used to coat exterior walls.

Render: The first rough coat of cement-based mortar applied to external walls as a protective coating.

Stucco: A smooth cement or rendering applied to exterior walls, often designed to resemble stone.


PLEASE NOTE: All Trademarks™ or Registered® Trademarks belong to their respective holders, and their use does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.


Get your job started today

Post your job now to get quick responses from your local helpers

Post a Job


Was this helpful?