Gas Safety

What gas work must be carried out by a registered gas installer?

6 views 06/04/2018 20/12/2018 Help 0

The type of gas work that must be carried out by a registered gas installer includes:

  • Installing, repairing or servicing a gas boiler
  • Installing or repairing a gas fire, gas cooker or hob
  • Any other work on a heat producing appliance if it is connected to either a natural gas or liquid petroleum gas (LPG) supply

Before you allow work to start:

When your engineer arrives to start work, ask to see their RGI Registered Gas Installer ID card before letting them start work.

For managed building projects involving gas work, make sure your builder knows he is responsible for using only RGI (registered gas installer) approved tradesmen and is able to produce the required paperwork on completion.



Get your job started today

Post your job now to get quick responses from your local helpers

Post a Job


Was this helpful?