Carbon Monoxide: An Invisible Killer

What is carbon monoxide poisoning?

11 views 06/04/2018 20/12/2018 Helpers.ie Help 0

What is carbon monoxide poisoning?

Almost 10 people die in Ireland each year from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning, while many others are made seriously ill by this avoidable home hazard. Carbon monoxide is both colourless and odourless and is thus hard to detect.

Carbon monoxide can be created and collect in your home due to faulty appliances or poor ventilation. This form of poisoning can be caused by gas, oil or solid fuels being burned incompletely, but it is most commonly associated with faulty or poorly-maintained gas boilers.

Where carbon monoxide is present your body will absorb that and eventually be starved of oxygen. This can cause nausea, brain damage or, in extreme cases, death.

 

==============================

Get your job started today

Post your job now to get quick responses from your local helpers

Post a Job

==============================

Was this helpful?


>